While electricity is invaluable to the farming industry, improper use can cause fires, injuries and worse, death. Some electrical hazards on the farm can result in electrical shock to humans or to livestock and possibly cause fires in structures or operating equipment. Coupled with the increased presence of moisture and dampness in livestock areas, electrical hazard risks are everywhere.
A worst case scenario would be an electrical fire that turns into a major fire incident because of all the flammable materials and crops in and around the farm.
How Can You Reduce Electrical Hazards?
Protect yourself and your livestock from electrical shock by following these recommendations:
- Always have an emergency electrician’s number on hand. Make sure these contact details are posted in all farm buildings and around work areas.
- Consult with reliable electrical contractors in Colorado who are familiar with agricultural wiring and shock protection systems. You can rely on them to provide the safest and most economical solutions for your farm or ranch.
- Protecting your animals is crucial to your livelihood. Find an electrician that goes beyond the buildings and can advise on providing proper lighting and other electrical needs for animal-related work.
- Always have generators and back-up systems installed on your farm to ensure the safety of your family and livestock. Aside from having the right generators for your needs, make sure that the generators are wired correctly. A professional electrician in Colorado can help you with the setup and installation.
- Electrical fires caused by agricultural machinery malfunctioning is another hazard especially with all of the combustible crop residues. Call an emergency electrician immediately if you are experiencing electrical issues with your machinery.
When it comes to electrician contractors in Colorado for your farm/ranch, Eggers Electric is a full-service electrical company that offers all phases of electrical work for farmland or industrial as well as emergency situations. Since 1973, our company has served customers 24/7 with any and every type of electrical service including residential and commercial electrical work. If you need electrician contractors in Colorado, give us a call today!